RARA-AVIS: Jack's Definition of Thriller

From: Jack Bludis (buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 04 Feb 2009

    A writing career, like life, is a journey not a destination.
      Dave Zeltzermand wrote:

    Dave Zeltserman wrote:

    >>Jim, just the messenger, not my definition--personally I like Jack's,
    although I'd change his to be "danger and excitement". <<
      My thought of "A novel in which danger abounds" was pretty much off the top of my head. But I can go with: A thriller is a novel in which danger, excitement, and tension abound.
      I can see the "excitement" in a chase thriller ... but all three seem to be in most thrillers that I know about ... most successful thrillers.
      The truth is, that I would have come up with no definition if Jim hadn't started me thinking about it.
      Jack Bludis