Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Definition of Thriller

From: Stephen Burridge (stephen.burridge@gmail.com)
Date: 04 Feb 2009

    I think "thriller" probably also gets used, loosely, as a synonym for "crime story" or "suspense story". According to the cover of the paperback edition of "When the Devil Holds the Candle" by Karin Fossum that I'm reading, it was described in the Sunday Telegraph as "an engrossing psychological thriller". So far it's an engrossing psychological suspense story, but not what I'd call a thriller. The pace is not fast and the
    "action", or violence, is not exciting.