RARA-AVIS: Re: News from Philly...

From: foxbrick (foxbrick@yahoo.com)
Date: 03 Feb 2009

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Steve Novak <Cinefrog@...> wrote:

    > To all Rara-Avians in the hoaggie city..
    >
    > Recently one of you sent a note about a get together celebration
    for David
    > Goodis in Philly and I passed the info along to a friend who
    happens to
    > write for the Weekly (http://www.philadelphiaweekly.com/) and he
    urged me to
    > send him any new info that comes out about that...and other Œnoirı
    events
    > around the town...so it (the info) can be spread I guess...He
    talked about a
    > 3 weeks notice...
    > If more events come up let me know and Iıll pass it along...
    >
    > Merci!

    OK, but since the ex-editor of the PHILADELPHIA CITY PAPER is Duane Duane Swierczynski, I suspect there might be some institutional memory both there and at the competitive WEEKLY, both of which have covered NoirCon to some extent at least. I suppose getting things into the papers' calendars wouldn't hurt.

    Todd Mason