RARA-AVIS: Limited range of motion

From: Stephen D. Rogers (cc_sdr633@yahoo.com)
Date: 03 Feb 2009

    I just read Crumley's ONE LAST GOOD KISS. In it, the character says something like he'd traveled 4000 miles on the case. That got me thinking -- are there any PI novels with very limited range of motion, such as a PI is solving a crime that takes place in a prison?

    Since I think the PI owes something to the western (again with a wide range of possible motion), which owes something to crusading knights (motion - check), I wondered how that concept has been turned inside out over the years.

    Stephen http://www.stephendrogers.com