RARA-AVIS: Jim D's definition of Thriller

From: Jack Bludis (buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 02 Feb 2009

    Jim Doherty says that a thriller is a crime/mystery/detective/suspense/call-it-what-you-will story in which the emphasis is on action, suspense, and pace rather than cerebration.

    I say it's too many words, although fairly accurate. Jim, cut it back some for us--couldn't you have said detection instead of cerebration? That was definitely one word too many.
      Why not just ... The thriller is the story of a crime or impending crime where the emphasis is on the prevention of a disaster rather than detection?

    (I won't go round and round on this one ... just a thought.)
      Jack Bludis
      PS: Good to see you back
      A writing career, like life, is a journey not a destination.