Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Iowa Writers Program (was: Daniel Woodrell on "Noir")

From: Stephen Burridge (stephen.burridge@gmail.com)
Date: 01 Feb 2009

    I happened upon Woodrell's "Winter's Bone" a couple of years ago and was blown away; read "The Death of Sweet Mister", Tomato Red", and "Give Us A Kiss" in the next few months. All excellent imho.

    Collins's recent "The First Quarry" refers to the Iowa writing program. There's a creative writing professor and a student among the characters.

    Stephen