RARA-AVIS: Woodrell's list

From: Juri Nummelin (juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi)
Date: 01 Feb 2009

    Woodrell mentions these writers as noir writers:

    Thompson, Cain, Edward Anderson, Charles Williams, Kromer, James Ross, LeSieur, Goodis and the rest

    Who are "Kromer" and "LeSieur"? Never heard of them, and since I've been on this list for almost a decade now (with a year or two absent, though), I should think I've heard every important noir writer at least once.

    Juri

    PS. I once tried a Woodrell and couldn't get far. The plot was lacking and the characters were boring machos.