Re: RARA-AVIS: Daniel Woodrell on "Noir"

From: Brian Thornton (bthorntonwriter@gmail.com)
Date: 31 Jan 2009

    I don't disagree with you on your main point about how "everything's alternative" (how's that for an oxymoron?) and "everything's noir." I've said many times before that if I never again see a book cover blurb that reads "A taut, noirish thriller" again, it'll be too soon.

    It occurred to me after I posted my previous comment in response to the Woodrell quote that he's an alumnus of Iowa's MFA program, and that spoke volumes to me.