Re: RARA-AVIS: L'Amour

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 31 Jan 2009

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Gratefulbear" <gratefulbear@...> wrote:

    > L'Amour was one of the best-selling authors of the 20th century, but
    so was
    > Erle Stanley Gardner at one point, and I think only one of ESG's
    books is in
    > print today (thanks to Hard Case Crime).

    Aren't the Perry Masons in print? I would swear I've seen them in bookstores recently. One Gardner that should stay in print forever is the collection of Ed Jenkins pulp stories. It's great fun. And the Cool and Lam novels are good, too. Kudos to Hardcase Crime for reprinting one of the best ones. Over the years I have collected maybe two thirds of Cool & Lam. There's something very attractive about this duo, something very Norbert Davis.

    Best,

    mrt