Re: RARA-AVIS: L'Amour

From: Gratefulbear (gratefulbear@comcast.net)
Date: 31 Jan 2009

    Louis L'Amour himself recognized that many of his stories were clunkers, and that's why he didn't allow some of them to be published in book form in his lifetime. He was embarrassed by some of them, especially the earlier ones, written primarily to pay the bills. Many of them appeared under a pseudonym in the first place. Now that he is dead, his executors and publishers are combing the pulp archives for anything at all they can publish under his name, whether he would have wanted them to or not.

    L'Amour was one of the best-selling authors of the 20th century, but so was Erle Stanley Gardner at one point, and I think only one of ESG's books is in print today (thanks to Hard Case Crime).

    Darrell

    Blog of the Grateful Bear: http://wildfaith.blogspot.com/

    ----- Original Message ----- From: "Juri Nummelin" <juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi> To: <rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 11:04 AM Subject: RARA-AVIS: L'Amour