Re: RARA-AVIS: Black Lizard Bonanza

From: blumenidiot (blumenidiot@yahoo.com)
Date: 24 Jan 2009

    --- On Sat, 1/24/09, John Weagly <jmweagly@hotmail.com> wrote:

    From: John Weagly <jmweagly@hotmail.com> Subject: RARA-AVIS: Black Lizard Bonanza To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Date: Saturday, January 24, 2009, 4:52 PM

    I wanted to share my good fortune. I walked into a Powell's Bookstore today and found an entire table of Black Lizard books. I walked out with:

    KILL THE BOSS GOOD-BY - Peter Rabe DIG MY GRAVE DEEP - Peter Rabe THE OUT IS DEATH - Peter Rabe THE DEVIL WEARS WINGS - Harry Whittington A TICKET TO HELL - Harry Whittington THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER - John Lutz PERVERSITY - Francis Carco ILL WIND - W. L. Heath

    They had some more Whittington, some Bill Pronzini and a whole lot of other stuff that my finances wouldn't allow me to buy. Ironically, they had a couple copies of Robert Edmond Alter's CARNY KILL, which I just special ordered.

    John Weagly

    John, Is that the Portland one?  I'm a few blocks from the Hawthorne St branch. For those who don't know there is a Powells in Chicago. It was the orinal one, but the brother and father of the founder moved to Portland and started a chain here.  I think the Portland store bought the Chicago stores fairly recently, but I'm not sure of that. Mark