RARA-AVIS: Re: Julián Ibáñez

From: Duane Spurlock (duane1spur@yahoo.com)
Date: 20 Jan 2009

     "Gonzalo Baeza" gbaeza@gmail.com grbc74 wrote:

    << Julián Ibáñez is the latest winner of the L´H Confidencial award
     for unpublished crime fiction novels in Spanish. Even though it's not very well known among English readers, the L´H Confidencial is a very important award, granting its winner 12,000 euros and the publication of the novel by Roca Editorial, one of the largest publishing houses in the Spanish-speaking world. Likewise, Ibáñez is a prestigious
     crime fiction writer from Spain. I hope some of his works are eventually translated to English.

    For more information, check: http://balacera.blogia.com/2009/011801-el-escritor-julian-ibanez-gana-el-iii-premio-internacional-de-novel-negra-l-h-co.php

      The University of Rochester has a literature-in-translation program, which goes under the general name Three Percent: http://www.rochester.edu/College/translation/threepercent/index.php

      <<
      Three Percent launched in the summer of 2007 with the lofty goal of becoming a destination for readers, editors, and translators interested in finding out about modern and contemporary international literature.

      Unfortunately, I think they stay away from anything that may smack of genre fiction, no matter how lit'ry it may actually be.

      - Duane
      (the other one)
      www.pulprack.com