Re: RARA-AVIS: The Hard-Boiled Classics

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 10 Jan 2009

    Mark wrote:

    "As far as I can tell, however, no Hammett character appears in more than one book, . . ."

    Well, actually, the Continental Op is in two, The Dain Curse and Red Harvest, three if you include Big Knockover. That said, I don't think it's necessary to read them in order, and I'm kind of anal about that kind of thing.

    One other thing, I far prefer novels to short stories, but I think you'd be missing a lot if you don't add Hammett and Chandler's short stories to your reading list.

    Mark