Re: RARA-AVIS: The Noir of which we speak ... SMALL CRIMES,

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 09 Jan 2009

    Jack wrote:

    "The one difference from most noir is that in this book, at least to me, we see man who tries to do the right thing from the beginning--but he is still screwed."

    Jack, do you really think he "tries to do the right thing"? Seemed to me there was a pretty big divide between the rationalizations he made for his actions and the actions themselves.

    Mark