Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Jack O'Connell's top 10 books of 2008

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 08 Jan 2009

    Hi Mario,

    I know Fever Kill has some big fans on the list, but it didn't really work for me. It depended too much on a supposedly smart guy doing dumb things just to move the plot along, that and a whole lot of macho posturing and fantasy fulfillment. And what was that whole bit about having adopted his sister in law's kids? And it didn't help that I read it not too long after Dave's Small Crimes, a far more convincing story of a selfdestructive ex cop (granted, Crease is still a cop in Fever Kill, albeit an undercover one gone native who rivals his quarry/friend in craziness).

    Now Piccirilli's Cold Spot, that's a great read. Really looking forward to the next in that series scheduled for next month. I'm such a sucker for books about getaway drivers.

    Mark