RARA-AVIS: Re: Urban Fiction

From: bobav1 (bob.vietrogoski@gmail.com)
Date: 07 Jan 2009

    What I've read and skimmed has been pretty lousy, but the genre has got a real base of writers, booksellers, and readers. Here's a New York Times article about the move of these books into libraries:

    www.nytimes.com/2008/10/23/nyregion/23fiction.html?ei=5070&emc=eta1

    Besides, it's not as if every Holloway House, or dare I say Gold Medal, was worth reading. As within every cultural field, Sturgeon's Law that 90% is crap more than applies. Now how do we find the <10% that works for us?

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "jacquesdebierue"