Re: RARA-AVIS: Westlake on Noir and Hard-Boiled

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 06 Jan 2009

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, sonny <sforstater@...> wrote:

    > we could always go at it one more time in honor of westlake;
    > or accept that noir doesn't exist anymore.

    Nooooooo! Better to discuss his books... that alone could take a whole year. Of course, we could try to determine "what genre" each book belongs to. I bet we would have to invent new genres. I suppose the awful "thriller" serves for a lot of them. But, thinking out loud, if a book doesn't thrill you in some way, it can't be much good, can it?

    Best,

    mrt