RARA-AVIS: Re: Donald E. Westlake, Mystery Writer, Is Dead at 75 (NYT obituary

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 06 Jan 2009

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, JIM DOHERTY <jimdohertyjr@...> wrote:

    > T,
    >
    > Re your comment below:
    >
    > "What a string of recent losses: Evan Hunter, James Crumley, Tony
    > Hillerman, and now Westlake..."
    >
    > To say nothing of Hillary Waugh, Julius Fast, Fred Grove, and
    Hitchcock screenwriter John Michael Hayes, all lost within the last quarter of the year.

    Oh, I hadn't heard about Hillary Waugh. In fact, I didn't know he was alive. I read several of his books, but that was years ago.

    I found this NYT obituary:

    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/27/books/27waugh.html

    Best,

    mrt