Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Urban Fiction

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 05 Jan 2009

    Mario wrote:

    "I even recall a sociological study called _One Dimensional Man_... the argument being that the organized society robs humans of some of their dimensions (robs them or they can't exercise them because they're worthless for survival, etc.)."

    That's the second time this week I've run across a mention of Marcuse
    (the other was to his theory of repressive tolerance). Hadn't heard his name in years, maybe decades. One thing I remember from One Dimensional Man was his argument (actually just an aside) that it's better, more liberating, to screw in a field than in a car.

    Mark