Re: RARA-AVIS: Donald Westlake, An Appreciation

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 03 Jan 2009

    Jordan wrote:

    "I'm jealous too! [Comfort Station] is one of the books I don't have since I can't find it for sale for less than $75."

    Just to rub it in, I found my perfect copy in a used bookstore for half cover, so under $1. To tell you the truth, though, I've never read it beyond the amusing blurb. Somehow, a spoof of Airport type novels set in a rest stop just doesn't sound that great. But if anyone could make it work, it'd be Westlake. Has anyone read it? Is it any good?

    Mark