RARA-AVIS: Recent Acquistions

From: Jeff Vorzimmer (jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 28 Dec 2008

    Here are some of my recent acquisitions with my comments. Yours are welcome.

    Wild - Gil Brewer Hey, it's Brewer. It's a Gold Medal. How bad can it be?

    The Eighth Circle - Stanley Ellin Never read Ellin, but noticed this Dell pb. I think some of the best pb crime novels of the 50s and 60s were Dell.

    Frantic - Noël Calef The cover of this Gold Medal pb caught my eye cause it read: "French Title: Ascenseur pour L'échafaud", which, of course, was a great French New Wave film by Louis Malle, much discussed here.

    Angel's Ransom - David Dodge It's a David Dodge Dell pb, it's got to be good, right?

    A Nice Girl Like You - Richard Wormser I've been advised to pick up anything by Wormser. His writing is a lot like McKimmey's and so far I prefer McKimmey, but Wormser is good.

    Jeff