Re: RARA-AVIS: Elmore Leonard's Swag / Sunselt Boulevard

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 28 Dec 2008

    In a message dated 12/27/08 9:34:16 PM, jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com writes:

    > Swag is one of my favorite Leonards, a very funny and classy novel.
    > _Sunset Boulevard_ is one of those masterpieces that I do not revisit
    > for fear that it may have lost the magic. Wajda's _Kanal_ is another
    > one. I only have a few of these, I don't know what makes me reluctant
    > to confirm or refute old impressions.

    having seen Sunset Boulevard too many times to count, I can attest that it never loses its magic

    and Swag is probably my favorite Leonard, alongside its sequel- Stick

    John Lau

    ************** One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now. (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&; icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000025)