Re: RARA-AVIS: Elmore Leonard's Swag / Sunselt Boulevard

From: Jeff Vorzimmer (jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 27 Dec 2008

    > I finally saw Sunset Boulevard, rented it from the library. I would have preferred it without the opening scene - I'd rather not know the outcome ahead of time. The biggest question for me is which of the 3 is craziest, Norma, Max and Joe?

    A classic. If you haven't yet seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and plan on renting that you'll appreciate the reference to the opening scene of Sunset Boulevard in its opening scene.

    As much as I think lover of noir would want to hate the opening scene of SB and the whole idea of a dead man narrating his own story, you end up loving though it gives you the end of the tale at the beginning of the film, as you pointed out.

    Jeff

    <*> Your email settings:
        Individual Email | Traditional

    <*> To change settings online go to: