RARA-AVIS: Re: Short film based on Jim Thompson's Forever After

From: davezeltserman (davezelt@rcn.com)
Date: 26 Dec 2008

    My own private Purgatory would probably be having to watch this film over and over again for all eternity. I guess after the self-esteem movement in the school systems over the last 20+ years, we now live in an era of diminished expectations where good becomes "near genius" and an amateuristic and poorly executed adaptation of a near perfect short story becomes an "excellent effort" (among other things, why reveal the story's denouement at the end of act two??).

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "jacquesdebierue"