Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Short film based on Jim Thompson's Forever After

From: Patrick King (abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 26 Dec 2008

    I think "terrible" is a pretty strong word. I was engrossed by it. I thought the actors looked and sounded authentic. I LOVED the music. All in all, I think it's an excellent effort. I've forwarded it to some friends.

    Patrick King

    --- On Sun, 12/21/08, davezeltserman <davezelt@rcn.com> wrote: From: davezeltserman <davezelt@rcn.com> Subject: RARA-AVIS: Re: Short film based on Jim Thompson's Forever After To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Date: Sunday, December 21, 2008, 12:34 AM

                --- In rara-avis-l@ yahoogroups. com, "Gonzalo Baeza" <gbaeza@...> wrote:

    > Here's a short film based on Jim Thompson's Forever After. The acting

    > is pretty amateurish and it looks like a film school thesis, but it's

    > interesting nonetheless.

    > http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=0C1YzGP4k_ c

    Thanks, Gonzalo, I guess, although that's 22 minutes of my life I'll

    never get back. Terrible adaptation of possibly one of the most

    perfect short crime stories ever written.

    On another note, I watched Man Who Wasn't There again last night, and

    that's really a terrific movie homage to Thompson, and I have to think

    the strong physical resemblance of Billy Bob Thorton in that movie to

    Jim Thompson was not accidental.

    --Dave