RARA-AVIS: Re: Rara Avian Holiday Wishes (and a little something for Bob V.)

From: davezeltserman (davezelt@rcn.com)
Date: 24 Dec 2008

    I liked The Wire--it had a nice stylized feel to it, but a bit heavy-handed for my taste. Basically each season repeating the first season--the never ending cycle of the streets, the guilty always getting away while the middlemen (or boys) pay the price. I could probably name about 30-40 series that I liked better, including Northern Exposure and St. Elsewhere.

    Brotherhood is a series I think is just great. Maybe it's because I've known a lot of guys from Providence and the show rings so true--both with the hoods and the pols, but there's a heart and soul with this show, and the others mentioned, that The Wire never approaches.