RARA-AVIS: Re: Rara Avian Holiday Wishes (and a little something for Bob V.)

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 24 Dec 2008

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Thornton"
    <bthorntonwriter@...> wrote:

    > What I love most about RA is that it has resisted devolving into a "Me
    > too"/cheerleading/"knitting circle" chat group, the type that
    pervades the
    > web these days.

    We stick to the OLD definition of "friend". The best friends are those you've have some run-ins (or even fights) with. With that ending preposition, I coarsely intone the traditional:

    Merry Chrismas to all! May your guns not rust, may your molls not misbehave too much, may your armchair remain comfortable (not saggy or lumpy, godforbid) for harboiled and noir reads!

    mrt