RARA-AVIS: Re: Short film based on Jim Thompson's Forever After

From: davezeltserman (davezelt@rcn.com)
Date: 21 Dec 2008

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Gonzalo Baeza" <gbaeza@...> wrote:

    > Here's a short film based on Jim Thompson's Forever After. The acting
    > is pretty amateurish and it looks like a film school thesis, but it's
    > interesting nonetheless.
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C1YzGP4k_c

    Thanks, Gonzalo, I guess, although that's 22 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Terrible adaptation of possibly one of the most perfect short crime stories ever written.

    On another note, I watched Man Who Wasn't There again last night, and that's really a terrific movie homage to Thompson, and I have to think the strong physical resemblance of Billy Bob Thorton in that movie to Jim Thompson was not accidental.

    --Dave