RARA-AVIS: Vicki Hendricks, Romance Novelist

From: Brian Lindenmuth (blindenmuth@gmail.com)
Date: 20 Dec 2008

    We went to The Book Escape in Federal Hill earlier today and saw something strange.

    There, in the Romance/Chick-Lit section, sitting open face on the shelf, in all it's pink glory, was a first edition of Miami Purity by Vicki Hendricks.

    We got a good laugh about THAT wondering what the person who would have picked that up would have thought.

    Then I bought it.

    This example is as good as any at illustrating my own book buying/reading philosophy: Don't be afraid to wander the store, straying from your chosen " section" is a good thing.

    I took a picture and posted it on the blog if you don't believe me.

    http://www.mysterybookspot.com/brianlindenmuth/?p=930