RARA-AVIS: FIFTY-TO-ONE, by Charles ArdaI

From: Jack Bludis (buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 18 Dec 2008

    I just started to read this one. It is imporbable, but an an absoloute delight. An homage to the classic noir novel (I suppose it will be noir) set in a nebulous time in post WW II New York City. (At least I haven't been able to nail the year yet.)
      You gotta love a book with a phone number like KL5-2703.
      Ardai entitles each chapter with the title of one of the first 50 of his Hard Case Crime Novels, and gives us a center section with the covers of each of the 50.
      Jack Bludis