RARA-AVIS: Re: "Pulp" broadcasts on BBC7

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 16 Dec 2008

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "gsp.schoo@..." <gsp.schoo@...> wrote:

    > Thanks Brian:
    >
    > As you can tell, I'm trying to get a sense of perspective. If they'd
    been firing cannon down the Strip last weekend, they'd have stopped a lot of traffic. It seemed very busy to me, but people kept saying we should be there in summer. Maybe, to keep pace with the financial news, they should move the canal from The Venetian to that pyramid building and call it Denial. Well, who am I, as part of the happy throng, to make such suggestions, and to hell with perspective.

    > Anybody know what they do with those millions of poinsettias come
    February?

    Dunno, but I hear that tulip bulbs are the next great thing. A truly novel idea, I think. Wait a minute, Wikipedia says...

    Best,

    mrt