RARA-AVIS: For SF Bay area crime fans...

From: Seth Harwood (sethharw@sethharwood.com)
Date: 14 Dec 2008

    Hey Bay Area Rare Birds,

    In the city of Noir where some of America crime fiction was born, it seems only fitting that there be a literature class somewhere in detective fiction. Someone needs to teach it and I'm proud to say that I'm that man! I hope you'll join me on Thursday nights this spring semester 7-10PM
    (startig Jan 15th) as I explore some of the books and films we love at City College of San Francisco in English 48B: Detective Fiction!

    We'll read books by Hammett, Chandler, Thompson, Cain, Highsmith, Crumley, Block, Megan Abbott, and more! We’ll also view films and television (classic and current) in our studies and discussion. Taught by Random House author Seth Harwood (Jack WAKES UP - 2009). Other Notable SF crime authors will stop by to talk about their favorite books: Mark Coggins, Cornelia Read, and Tim Maleeny.

    More info at www.sethharwood.com/classes, by emailing sharwood@ccsf.edu or visit www.ccsf.edu now to enroll! Course can be taken for credit, graded or ungraded or audited to just join the discussion. Cost: $150 for 17-week class. (Less than a movie a week!) Come and meet other fans of the genre!

    ENGLISH 48B AT CITY COLLEGE OF SAN FRANCISCO

    SPRING 2009, THURSDAYS 7:00-10:00 PM

    CREATIVE ARTS BUILDING 314

    (PHELAN/OCEAN CAMPUS)

    (BART: BALBOA)