RE: RARA-AVIS: Errors and such

From: Anders Engwall (anders.engwall@comhem.se)
Date: 13 Dec 2008

    I think the question of improbabilities/implausibilities/impossibilities also depends on the context.

    If the improbability/implausibility/impossibility is introduced just to keep the plot moving, I'm usually responding like Juri's dad. Otherwise, they are really not important. Who cares if some minute detail in the description of some local geography does not quite gel with the real world?

    Also, I am able to totally accept preposterous premises if they are played out straight. For instance, THEM is one hell of a great movie even though it is about 10 foot ants.

    I think psychological realism really is important, however. Human nature is what it is. If you have that, 10 foot ants or a sun rising in the west or whatever might be just a negligible detail.

    Oh, and about Juri's hangover: I received his email when it was 4.30 p.m. in Finland. That must have been one hell of a party. My thoughts are with you, Juri (been there, done that). Then again, you brought it on yourself
    (been there, done that, in fact doing right now that by trying this year's Christmas ales - but that's another story...)