RARA-AVIS: Great Books for Boys

From: Jeff Vorzimmer (jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 11 Dec 2008

    Has anyone else run across this series--Great Books for Boys, published by Penguin Books? I stumbled on to it tonight at my favorite local independent bookstore. They're all books I would have loved as a boy myself. Beautifully printed with beautiful covers. There are six in the series so far:

    The Thirty-Nine Steps John Buchan She H. Rider Haggard

    The Man Who Was Thursday G. K. Chesterton

    The Riddle of the Sands Erskine Childers

    The Lost World Arthur Conan Doyle

    The Prisoner of Zenda Anthony Hope

    Here's a link to the website: http://us.penguingroup.com/nf/Search/AdvSearchProc/1,,S451,00.html

    Jeff