RARA-AVIS: Re: Sales numbers for Brubaker's criminal

From: caroli1975 (karabair@gmail.com)
Date: 11 Dec 2008

    Brubaker has said that this is his reason for putting exclusive content in the issues. I can't say whether it's a good strategy or not but it's a stated reason. The comics direct market is a different animal than book sales. Many, many people choose to "wait for the trade" rather than buying single issues; saying "anyone who wanted the issues would have bought them" doesn't reflect the mindset of the primary market.