Re: RARA-AVIS: Connelly not getting it right

From: Brian Thornton (bthorntonwriter@gmail.com)
Date: 11 Dec 2008

    CITY OF BONES was my first Connelly read, and nearly my last. I like everything else of his that I've read infinitely more than I did COB, for reasons including those laid out by Juri below, and also because he killed off the most interesting character in the book halfway through and in a completely laughable manner and for an absolutely ludicrous reason/motivation.

    I just didn't buy it, and almost didn't finis the book.

    I've found THE OVERLOOK, LINCOLN LAWYER and several of the Bosch novels infinitely better.

    YMMV-

    Brian