RARA-AVIS: Re: "Pulp" broadcasts on BBC7

From: Gonzalo Baeza (gbaeza@gmail.com)
Date: 11 Dec 2008

    I remember how in the last newspaper I worked for the editors sent out a memo warning every reporter not to use Wikipedia unless they could corroborate its information with other sources. Wikipedia is good in that it fills a void that's not covered by conventional encyclopedias, especially when it comes to pop culture. Nonetheless, you have to to use it with caution. The way it operates, it's too vulnerable to deliberate misinformation.

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Jesse Willis <jessewillis@...> wrote:

    > Wikipedia has that info right. Wikipedia bashing should be a
    crime. It aint perfect, but it's a work in progress.

    > J.
    >
    > SFFAudio: http://www.sffaudio.com

    recording go for a few extra

    > minutes and you'll hear a very British, very self-assured BBC
    announcer note

    > that Paul Cain is the author of The Postman Always Rings Twice.
    Once the