RARA-AVIS: Connelly not getting it right

From: Juri Nummelin (juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi)
Date: 11 Dec 2008

    Mr. T:

    > I've been waiting for Michael Connelly to get something wrong (that I
    > might notice), but no luck yet...

    My dad (who once turned me to Chandler and Ross Macdonald) read his first Connelly after my several recommendations. He said the narrative drive is very good, but he said he noted some errors or implausibilities. I think he read City of Bones, which, according to him, is based on the fact that the place from which the kid's bones are found is very hard to get to. Then some kids just happen to be there, like they had no trouble at all! My dad thought this took some plausibility off.

    He also had problems with a bullet getting caught in the barrel of someone else's gun.

    Juri