Re: RARA-AVIS: The fictional landscapes

From: Jeff Vorzimmer (jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 10 Dec 2008

    > There's a theory that you don't have to get everything right, especially in
    > terms of locale or geography, in a film or a book that's set in, say, Rome.
    > The scenery, landscapes, cafés, churches, streets, are fictional and form
    > their own universe, so we don't really have to care for the mistakes we see
    > in movies or in books.

    I would say you don't have to provide a lot of details, but if you do, you have to get them right, at least to the extent that your average reader would know. Of course, every author's average reader is a little bit different. Tom Clancy's average reader is going to be different from Nelson demise's

    Jeff