RARA-AVIS: Re: The fictional landscapes

From: Gonzalo Baeza (gbaeza@gmail.com)
Date: 10 Dec 2008

    I agree. That's why I don't tend to like those techno-thrillers with painstakingly detailed descriptions of weaponry as well as Wikipedia- style passages of historical background. In my view, that's just an inept author – or a genre convention that needs to go away – trying to give his story verisimilitude. Good fiction should not typically resort to this heavy-handed realism but neither should it rely on the lazy clichés I was talking about.

    -Gonzalo.

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Juri Nummelin"