RARA-AVIS: Vian and parody

From: Juri Nummelin (juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi)
Date: 10 Dec 2008

    I haven't read Vian's Vernon Sullivan book, but I've read someone say that French literature and film, especially when it comes to noirish stuff, moves more towards spectacle than story. One example I've seen cited is BAISEZ MOI, by Catherine Breillat from Virginie Despentez's novel (and it was said that this is why critics failed to understand the movie [which I haven't seen myself, so can't comment]). Could this be true for Vian's novel as well?

    Juri