Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Vian

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 08 Dec 2008

    Jeff advised:

    "'I Spit on Your Graves' is worth a read. Look how riled up it gets people."

    I finally read this a couple of years ago. It certainly didn't rile me up. I didn't think it was much of anything at all. When I put it down, I just thought, That's it? It tried so hard to be scandalous that it was more laughable than controversial. And his understanding of the US made James Hadley Chase seem like an authority. Worse, it wasn't much of a story. I found the story behind it much more interesting than the story within it. As for books about passing blacks getting revenge on whites, I'd much more highly recommend Iceberg Slim's Trick Baby.

    Mark