Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Vian

From: Sean Shapiro (ssshapir@yahoo.com)
Date: 08 Dec 2008

    The Thompson similarity I meant is in the lean full-tilt writing. And the way his characters are completely self-deluded to the point that even the reader can't completely seperate psychosis from reality.

    'I Spit on Your Graves' is worth a read. Look how riled up it gets people. 'Banned in France' -- that's gotta count for something.

    ________________________________ From: ssshapir <ssshapir@yahoo.com> To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Sent: Monday, December 8, 2008 3:30:44 PM Subject: RARA-AVIS: Re: Vian

    Knew someone was gonna mention the prez in waiting.

    The book was written in the 40's. And, yeah, France doesn't have a sterling track record when it comes to race either.

    I remember saying to friends how I really hope Obama wins -- not because I thought he was a better candidate, necessarily, but because if he didn't all we'd hear in Europe is how racist America is. Never mind that there are practically no minority candidates running for prez in 'enlightened' Europe.