Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Vian

From: Brian Thornton (bthorntonwriter@gmail.com)
Date: 08 Dec 2008

    On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 7:09 AM, ssshapir <ssshapir@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > I take your points. And they are pretty strong.
    >
    > But wasn't that the point of the book in the first place -- a prank, a
    > hoax? A land of racial intolerance -- this is how Europe sees/saw
    > America. And to the Americans this -- the pathological preoccupation
    > with race -- is what you won't face up to?

    Just wanted to jump in here and point out that America just elected a mixed race man of partially African origin with a Muslim name. Within the last year, first generation native-born sons of black African immigrants with Muslim names have rioted several times in Paris slums because they can't get jobs in France.

    Now who is it that can't face up to their racial problems?

    Thanks-

    Brian