RARA-AVIS: Favorite 2008 Books?

From: John Stickney (stickney_jj@yahoo.com)
Date: 04 Dec 2008

    Small Crimes by David Zeltserman

    Severance Package by Duane Swierczynski

    Yellow Medicine by Anthony Neil Smith

    Somebody Owes Me Money by Donald E. Westlake

    The Evil That Men Do: A Jackson Donne Novel by Dave White

    Death Was the Other Woman: A Mystery by Linda L. Richards

    Chasing Darkness: An Elvis Cole Novel by Robert Crais

    The Fever Kill by Tom Piccirilli (also The Cold Spot)

    The Dawn Patrol by Don Winslow

    Big City, Bad Blood by Sean Chercover

    A Hell of a Woman: An Anthology of Female Noir by Megan Abbott (editor)

    The Song Is You: A Novel by Megan Abbott

    Hardcore Hardboiled by Todd Robinson

    Money Shot (Hard Case Crime) by Christa Faust

    At the City's Edge by Marcus Sakey

    The Fifth Floor by Michael Harvey

    The Cleaner by Brett Battles

    Go-Go Girls of the Apocalypse: A Novel by Victor Gischler

    Criminal Vol. 2: Lawless by Ed Brubaker

    The Blue Door by David Fulmer

    City of the Sun: A Novel by David Levien

    (I'm sure I missed a few - Guthrie, Breun, Starr's The Follower - it was one heck of a year for books).