RARA-AVIS: favorite books of 2008

From: Busted Flush Press (bustedflushpress@yahoo.com)
Date: 03 Dec 2008

    My top three of 2008...
      1.  CHILD 44, by Tom Rob Smith (Grand Central) 2.  THE DAWN PATROL, by Don Winslow (Knopf) 3.  HELL'S BAY, by James W. Hall (St. Martin's Minotaur)
      And here are my favorite paperback originals of the year...
      1.  FIFTY-TO-ONE, by Charles Ardai (Hard Case Crime) 2.  MONEY SHOT, by Christa Faust (Hard Case Crime) 3.  THE COLD SPOT, by Tom Piccirilli (Bantam) 4.  SMALL CRIMES, by Dave Zeltserman (Serpent's Tail) 5.  BLOOD BROTHER, by Jack Kerley (U.K. import) 6.  THE FIRST QUARRY, by Max Allan Collins (Hard Case Crime)

    (And I'm reading Charlie Stella's SHAKEDOWN and Declan Burke's EIGHTBALL BOOGIE right now, and they're both pretty damn good!)
      Have a great holiday season, everyone!  :-)
       David Thompson Busted Flush Press, LLC P.O. Box 540594, Houston, TX  77254-0594 / (713) 924-9282 www.bustedflushpress.com / bustedflushpress.blogspot.com(BFP's blog)