RARA-AVIS: Re: Favorite 2008 Books?

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 03 Dec 2008

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "cptpipes2000" <cptpipes@...> wrote:

    > Jack, thank you for your list. I want to read all of them.
    >
    > On the basis of L.A. Outlaws, which I could not put down, I want to
    > read one from T. Jefferson Parker whenever I am between books in 2009.
    > Silent Joe and a short story in a mystery anthology are the only
    > things I've read by him before.

    Hi, Chris. My suggestion about Parker is.... read everything! ONe of my favorite writers, very strong in characterization (as has been pointed out) but also in plot and a sense of place. This is one writer that I have been reading with pleasure since his first book appeared
    (Laguna Heat), already a long time ago. He shares with Thomas Cook the ability to really involve the reader in what's happening, you can't be indifferent.

    Best,

    mrt