RARA-AVIS: Re: Edward Thorpe?

From: m23to53 (library.john@virgin.net)
Date: 01 Dec 2008

    Seems he was a journalist, the dance critic for the London 'Evening Standard' as well as writing for The Guardian, New York Times and Los Angeles Times. Has written five books all told. Apparently 'santa fe' ws being developed as movie (2006).

    On the subject of who was .., can anyone help me with any biographical details on Forrest Rosaire, 1902-77?

    John

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Juri Nummelin"
    <juri.nummelin@...> wrote:

    > Can anyone tell me anything about Edward Thorpe and his one-off
    crime novel
    > THE NIGHT I CAUGHT THE SANTA FÉ CHIEF (1972)? I've had the Finnish
    > translation for years and I bought it for one markka (roughly 20
    Euro cents,
    > which is appr. 20 American cents), but I need some shelf space.
    (Like it