RARA-AVIS: Re: Black Wings Has My Angel

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 27 Nov 2008

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Michael S. Chong"
    <menglish47@...> wrote:

    > Set in a carnival, Madball is one of my favourite Browns but they're
    all good. He had a way of writing that even when the situation was unlikely Brown made it seem real and visceral.

    I agree. He was a superb writer. Not sufficiently recognized, it seems. What I mean is that if JDM and Rex Stout deserve to be in print massively (as they are), so does a guy like Brown. Brown had a lot of variety, was entertaining as well as stylish... great suspense.

    Best,

    mrt