Re: RARA-AVIS: Hard Case Crime series

From: J.C. Hocking (
Date: 23 Nov 2008

    Yeah, B&N missed the Hard Case boat and only carry a select few from name authors (hard to turn down the one from Stephen King, for example). I have three Borders within driving distance and all carry Hard Case, though now it looks like each gets two copies of a title rather than a more face-out-display-worthy three or five copies. Not really a surprise there, I'm afraid.  Borders is having an even rougher time than most retailers these days.

    From: Jeff Vorzimmer <> Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Hard Case Crime series To: Date: Sunday, November 23, 2008, 4:32 PM

    > I have enjoyed many of the Hard Case Crime titles. In a sign of the
    > receding economy, our local Borders (a very large store) stopped
    > stocking the new titles about three months ago. I'm sure other
    > persons have similar news about problems in the publishing and book
    > retail industries.

    My Borders still carries them and has since the beginning. My local B&N, though, has never carried them.